Wednesday, September 17, 2008

this week's adventures, so far

It's really depressing when my blog readership plummets - but what can I expect when my last post was Sunday and this is Wednesday night? Sigh... MONDAY It was a bit difficult to type after I cut my finger while preparing dinner, so no blogging for a few days. No, it was not a knife: it was the serrated edge of the waxed paper box. Lethal...no gory details, but trust me. The bandage is much smaller today, so I am back. TUESDAY The bandage came off as I was attempting to install new memory cards in this almost 4 year old laptop. It has been s-l-o-g-g-i-n-g its way through everything and had some problem that kept me on the phone with Dell for 2 hours. It was an easy fix, after the tech finally found the problem -- and of course, i renewed my Dell on Call contract for another year (they help with software issues) but was still not happy with the s-l-o-w performance. No viruses - but aha! I had only 256K of memory in this little fella. Laughable today, although 4 years ago it was plenty. So I ordered 2 gig and what a difference it makes! WEDNESDAY Markets are in a free-fall and my husband is in the business. Can you spell STRESS? Even worse, he was out of the office today because he accompanied me to my cataract surgery, left eye. It was a long day. I had a fight with the anaesthesiologist but after that, the surgery took about 30 seconds. It should be fine in a day or three. Tonight's vegetarian dinner was Indian: channa chat (cold spiced chick peas & potatoes with toppings) banjan bharta (eggplant), lemon rice, cauliflower & Potatoes w/ black onion seeds, paratha, mint chutney, raita (yogurt, mint, roasted cumin seeds) I made everything yesterday because I knew I wouldn't be up for cooking tonight- although I did fry the papadums (bought) & paratha (made) & made the raita tonight. I also keep jars of tamarind chutney on hand, which is a total necessity in this house. Tomorrow night, probably leftovers. If I remember, I'll take pictures. Yum. Meantime, I am going to put my eye patch on and attempt to go to sleep. Tomorrow is an early day and after the morning's appointments I will be home, working.

7 comments:

Gerrie said...

Well, I don't know about others, but I check on you every time you blog, thanks to Google Reader. I hear that the cataract surgery really improves sight.

Hope all your booboos are better, soon.

Karoda said...

aieeee! cuts and surgery and its only wednesday...take it easy!

Sherryl said...

I check several times a week!Maybe its time I broke down and subscribed to Google Reader. Hope the boo boo heals and of course your eye. Dinner sounds yummy. We have a split house... I am the vegetarian, my other half is not.

Anonymous said...

Yes, indeed it sounds like there has been a bit of stress in your life. I hope everything heals quickly, and the market stabilizes.

Russ Little said...

What a week! I'm glad the surgery went well. I'm sorry to hear about the cut finger. At least Marty didn't roll up the electric car window on your finger, as my very own beloved husband did with mine last week. I'm not proud of what I think I yelled at the top of my voice in front of the whole neighborhood. Lot's of ice and I'm back in action. Hope your recovery is even quicker.

Anonymous said...

Rayna,
What a string of events...
:o)
My mother in law looked through her closet after cataract surgery and didn't recognize her clothes - she said she never bought those colors!
Ha! Do you "see" any differently?
:Diane

La Bastidane (Nathalie Locquen) said...

J'aime beaucoup votre blog que je viens de découvrir.
Je reviendrais souvent.
A bientôt

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...