Saturday, September 13, 2008

I should have blogged

But the week got away from me for a variety of reasons you don't want to hear about, including my brand new refrigerator which was freezing the eggs and avocados (it's fine now) and my laptop, which is losing its memory along with the rest of us in this household. Its new memory modules should be here next week; would that it were so easy to do the same for ourselves. Today, as on all weekends, we've been playing catch-up with errands, paperwork, and other tedium. Also, keeping tabs on friends in hurricane country and have been glad to hear that they are safe. Weather here has been somewhat rainy but not disastrous - and today was so hot and humid that tonight we put on the A/C after a month of not needing it. I suspect it is summer's last hurrah. In the meantime, some good things happened this week. 1. My piece Solstice sold and I sent it off to its new owner near Paris. Bon voyage - I hope it gets there safely. 2. Kristen Sell, one of the students in my QSDS class, sent me pictures of four quilts she had made from fabric she had printed in class. I am always thrilled when people actually USE what they have printed. With her permission, here are two of them. 3. My eye infection cleared up so I can have my cataract surgery next week. 4. I finished an article before deadline and can now start another one that is due at the same time. 5. Rachel Cochran got home from vacation and paid me a visit, where we played catch-up after not having seen each other for 2 months. She has some wonderful new work in progress, and you can see the first one in the series on her blog, Notes from the Basement. That's all for now.

8 comments:

lizzieb said...

my goodness, Rayna, I have just gotten caught up with your blog...you have been one very busy lady! Success becomes you! Glad you are all set for your cataract surgery! love to you!

Judy said...

Congrats on Summer Solstice. It is a lovely piece.
I'm so glad your eye is better and you can have your surgery.
Take care.

xo

Beverly said...

I hope the surgery goes well, it amazed me that something as simple as this could make such a difference. Take it easy, give yourself the time you need to recuperate--

Anonymous said...

Hope that your eye surgery will go well and may you recover quickly, take care,

Regina SXM

Rayna said...

Thanks, all.

Unknown said...

My gosh! What a time you've had! Hope the eye surgery is extremely successful! Take care.

Russ Little said...

Oh congrats on the sale. That's wonderful. Glad to hear that you got the OK for your surgery. I've only ever heard people say how wonderfully well they can see after it's over. Be well and let us all know how it goes.

R

Sherryl said...

Congratulations on the sale. Good wishes for a speedy recovery on your cataract surgery. You will be churning out wondrous pieces before you know it.

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...